A complete technical guide on setup canon mg4200 wireless connection with Wi-Fi. Follow the steps given in the article and connect your printer to your computer wirelessly in three simple steps.
- First, connect Canon mg4200 printer to wireless internet.
- Next select wireless LAN setup choose your wireless access point or wireless router.
- Canon mg4200 wireless network enter your wireless access point password use the scroll wheel to select your password.
- Once you’ve entered the wireless access point password press and setup printer.
- If a blue wireless light is flashed means it’s trying to talk to the wireless access point once it goes solid blue, it’s connected.
- Now install the Canon printer driver double-click on the icon to unzip the driver.
- If not already on your desktop you can download this driver from your Canon mg4200 setup CD.
- Read the welcome screen and click Next wait a few moments while the printer detection process takes place.
- Click Next select Pacific region as place of residence and click Next.
- Now the License Agreement is displayed to agree to the license choose yes click to complete when the setup completion screen is displayed.
- Printer driver installation and device is able to print wireless.
- Quickly take you through a test print.
- First click on Start menu at the bottom left of your screen and choose “Control Panel” then “Printers and Faxes”.
- A list of your printers should appear immediately choose your Canon mg4200 printer.
- Right-Click on mg4200 printer icon then choose printer properties.
- New window will open up choose print test page and finally wait for the test page to print now.
How to connect your Canon mg4200 to a Wi-Fi router or a Wi-Fi network
- First press on the power button to turn on your printer.
- Next press on the Settings icon.
- Press on the right arrow and go into device settings.
- Press on ok press on right arrow then go to the LAN settings.
- Now press on ok press on the right arrow again and go to wireless LAN setup.
- Click on ok then try to search for a white fire signal meanwhile, light is blinking which is now trying to search for the on a valuable Wi-Fi network.
- If it’s taken too long what you can do is just press on the stop button and go back to main section and just wait for a few seconds.
- Now find is much faster way doing it so it should show your Wi-Fi network first because of a strong signal if your Wi-Fi ON it will be stopped showing at the top.
- Hit on the right arrow to go to find codes and next one and find your Wi-Fi network.
- Once you find Wi-Fi network just press on Click ok’ button and hold the ok button again.
- At this point you need to put in your Wi-Fi password to show you here and you can see at the top and it shows number 1 this indicates that keypad at the moment is in numeric settings.
- Just press on the accept button and it will switch to an uppercase then press on it again.
- Go to a lowercase letter and pressing again go back to numbers term pin Wi-Fi network.
- Enter special characters and press on the hash key, this will pin a special character.
- Once you put in the password just press on okay and we now try to attempt to connect to a Wi-Fi router.
Printer is connected and this setting will now be saved to your printer so the next time you turn on your Canon mg420o. It will not need to put in the password again. Hence, setup canon mg4200 wireless easily on Wi-Fi router and Wi-Fi network.
Frequently Asked Question
Q: How do I connect my canon mg4200 printer to wifi?
Ans: Turn ON the printer and wifi router, press the wifi icon on the printer. Hold it for seconds, and let printer search the avavilbale network.
Q: Steps to setup canon mg4200 printer on wireless mode?
Ans: Search for the local printer on Menu, and enter the SSID information, and wait to setup wireless connection.