What to do when giving commands for printing a document and printer not printing on computer. Many printer users have a problem that does not respond to their desktop. Therefore, wireless printers do not respond or display a “printer not responding” error when trying to print something. The following are some methods that have helped many printer users. Make some basic troubleshooting solutions:
- Run the printer troubleshooter.
- Next, Restart the Print Spooler service.
- Set the correct port for the printer.
- Update the printer driver.
Why is my printer not printing anything?
Perform basic troubleshooting, the printer may not be properly connected to your connection, so it’s worth checking your printer connection. If you use a USB cable to connect your printer. Check that the cable is connected properly. Otherwise, reconnect the cable and make sure it is properly seated in the ports on the printer and computer. Connect the printer directly to your computer without using a hub. Now connect your printer with USB cable on the computer and resolve the problem.
What to do when printer connected but not printing on windows
If you are using a wireless network printer. Make sure the printer and computer are connected with the same wifi router at a limited distance. View the printer’s network connection status and see if the printer is properly connected to the network. Reconnect or replace the network cable when necessary if the printer is using a wired connection. For the wireless printer, try reconnecting your printer to your home or work network. You may need to refer to the printer’s manual for instructions when reconnecting the network printer. If you connect your printer via Bluetooth: Make sure the printer is close enough to the computer. Try pairing the printer with your computer again and see if this solves your problem. See the printer manual for information on pairing the printer and computer.
How to fix printer not printing immediately issues
- Run the printer troubleshooter. The built-in Windows troubleshooter can check your Canon printer and fix its problems. To run the printer troubleshooter.
- Press the Windows logo key, then type “troubleshooting”. Click Troubleshoot or Troubleshoot Results.
Open the troubleshooter.
- If you are using Windows 10, click Printer, and then click the Troubleshooting tool.
If you are running Windows 7, click Use a printer.
- Follow the instructions on screen and complete the troubleshooting.
Why is my network printer not printing
Update the printer driver, your printer may not respond because you are using an incorrect or outdated printer driver. To see if this is the case for you, you should update your printer driver. If you don’t have the time, patience, or skills to manually update your driver, you can do it automatically with Easy Driver. You can download and install the drivers using either the Free or Driver Easy version.
Download and install Easy Driver
- Run Driver lightly and click the Scan Now button. The light driver will scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
- Click the Update button next to your Canon printer to download the latest and most correct driver for it, then you can install it.
- You can also click Update All on the bottom right to automatically update all obsolete or missing drivers on your computer (this requires Pro Version – you will be prompted to upgrade when you click Full Update.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How to fix a printer not printing anything on paper?
Ans: Restart the Print Spooler service. The Print Spooler service on your computer handles print jobs and communication between the printer and the computer. Your printer might not respond because this service on your computer is not working properly.
- Run box on window by pressing Windows logo key and R at the same time.
- Type ‘services.msc’ and press enter on the keyboard. This will open the Services window.
- Click Print Spooler, then click Restart.
- Check if your printer can print.
Q: Why my printer not printing properly in color?
Ans: Want to print in color as black then Set the correct port for the printer. Your printer may not respond because you are using the wrong printer port. To change the printer port settings. On the keyboard, press the Windows logo key and R on the keyboard at the same time to invoke the Run box.
- Type control on keyboard.
- Under Seen by, Select Large Icons.
- Click Devices and Printers.
- Right-click your Canon printer, and then click Printer Properties.
- Click Change Properties.
- Tap Port, then check the port that: