Canon Printer Offline
Facing Canon printer offline error on computer and cannot print document. Therefore, make sure canon printer is connected with the computer and local Wi-Fi router. Next, check the printer “hardware and Software”. Further, try to reboot printer and computer and test a print page. Some of the most common issues faced by printer users are given below:
- Check the ethernet cable if its properly connected on both ends (Printer & Router).
- Verify ethernet cable is connected open command prompt type ipconfig and see the default gateway IP address (i.e 192.168.0.1).
- Open the control panel and “Devices and Printers”, next right-click on printer model and click on the properties to see ip address.
- If it shows your printer and shows the IP address go to the devices and printer search for the printer if it shows the printer re-install it and try to print.
- If it doesn’t shows the printer connected on the connected devices list on router.
- Check ethernet cable it should be properly connected on both end or replace it with other Ethernet cable or try changing the LAN port on router and try re-installing it and then try to print.
Table of Content
First things first: check all printer cables. Make sure the cables are properly connected to the printer and the computer. Second, check that your network is working. If you are having trouble connecting to the Internet, it is not a localized problem with the printer. Third, Use an Ethernet cable to connect canon printer to Wi-Fi.
Steps to Turn printer offline to online on windows 11
- Windows11 can automatically set the last used printer as the default printer.
- To fix this, press Windows Key + I to open control panel, click> Devices and Printers.
- Next, right-click on printer model and set printer as Default printer.
- If you want to enable this option, go to the Printers and Scanners page and select Let Windows manage my default printer.
How do I get my canon printer back online windows 10
What to do when you get a “printer offline” status error on Windows 10? Check the connection to your computer and printer. Restart the printer and the computer. First, turn off your computer and printer. Then unplug the power and wait 30 seconds, and plug it back in. Wait again for the printer to start up completely – it will not return from standby, so it may take longer than usual. Once the printer is turned on, turn the computer back on and check if the printer is now online.
- Press Windows key + I to open Settings and click Devices> Printers & Scanners.
- In the right menu, under Related Settings, click Run the trouble-shooters.
- The trouble shooter opens and operates a series of analyses.
- If a tool finds any problems, it will tell you what they are and the steps taken to solve them.
Steps to Use Printer Offline mode on windows 10
Make sure printer mode is not enabled on “Use Printer Offline”.
- Press Windows key+I to open Settings. Go to Devices> Printers and Scanners.
- Tap on printer model and click open queue.
- Click on Printer in the toolbar and be sure that the Use Printer Offline option does not have a checkmark to it. If so, click to disable it.
Why is my Canon printer keeps going offline on windows 7
Printer is not responding or shows offline error on windows 7 then make sure printer is connected with the computer. Try to get the printer connected (online). This may not work often, but it is the first action to take. Go to “Settings” and then “Printers.” Right-click on “Printer”.
Eliminate any print jobs. Double click on the “printer” after performing the previous steps.
- “Cancel All Documents” from Printer printing Menu.
- Try once more to set the printer online (online) and try to print a test page.
- Check all network connections to make sure nothing is loose.
- Repeat the steps above if necessary.
- Reboot printer and computer.
- Go to “Windows Settings” then “Printers” and select the printer model.
- Next, right-click on the printer model and click on the “Properties”.
- In the part of “General” or “Details tab” find the driver button.
- Select it and choose the driver again and download the driver from the printer manufacturer’s website.
- Reinstall the printer. In the “Printers” section of the “Settings” menu.
- Select the printer, then delete the printer and reinstall the printer using the Add Printer Wizard.
How to change printer from offline to online on Mac
Switch printer from offline to online on MacBook. Sometimes you may run into the problem of not being able to print on Mac:
- Go to “System Preferences” from the Dock at the bottom of the screen.
- Now what you should do is go to the print and fax control panel found in the Hardware category.
- Select your local printer and “Open Print Queue”.
- On the next screen, right-click the offline printer and click the Reset Printing System option from the context menu.
- In the pop-up window, click Reset to confirm.
What to do when canon printer offline but connected to Wi-Fi
In windows: open the desktop control panel and search for “Devices and Printers”. Once there you click on the printer to see its properties. If the “use printer offline” box is checked, it must be unchecked to activate it.
On Mac: Go to “system preferences” to enter the “Hardware and Sound “option, once there you look for the option “printing and fax” to click on it. Once there, they must look for the printer and click on it to open the print queue and resume it.
Frequently Asked Question
Q: Why canon printer keeps going offline?
Ans: There is several reason behind the printer shows offline error such as faulty drivers, poor communication between printer and computer, nearly “Hardware” issues and so on.
Q: How to fix canon printer offline problem?
Ans: Turn ON your printer and computer. Now click on the desktop start windows icon button and go to the “Devices and Printers” in windows 7 and search for “Printers and Scanners” on windows 10. Open the printers setting screen and now right-click on your printer and set as Default printer.
Q: Steps to change canon printer from offline to online?
Ans: Make sure printer and computer is connected with the power cable as well with the wifi router. Next, Open the printers setting screen and click on your local printer and remove device. Now reboot the computer and open the printer Menu page. Now click on +icon and add a printer or scanner. computer search for local printer and click to add your local printer on computer and turn online printer.
Q: What to do when canon printer says offline but connected to wifi?
Ans: When printer is connected to the wifi and do not print then check the wired and wireless connection of printer and computer. In most cases, Update the printer softwares.
Q: Why does my canon printer say offline?
Ans: Your printer might have softwares issues. Update your printer drivers and test printer job again.
Q: Why is my canon printer offline?
Ans: Canon printer error because of the printers “hardwares and softwares” issues. As a result, make sure printer have not cracks hardware and latest version of softwares.
Q: How to get my canon printer online?
Ans: Go to the computer setting and right-click on your canon printer model and set as a Default printer.