Imagine you want to print an important document for your client and your printer shows a message your printer is offline after an attempt to print the document. And I can assure that you have no idea why is it happening? Reasons for this can be, your printer’s power is down or connectivity issue may be. If you got lucky you can get your printer back online but if not, then, unfortunately, you need printer offline services tech support or you can also try troubleshooting your issue by following these steps :
- Reboot the printer.
- Check whether your printer is connected to your computer or not.
- Check whether network connectivity is fine.
- If your printer is a networked unit, cross-check the light on the back of the printer and assure that it’s flashing green.
- Go to Manage Printer on your computer.
- Click on the Start button.
- Click on Devices and Printers.
- Right- Click on the printer and then select See What’s Printing to see the print spooler window.
- Click on the Printer, select Use Printer Offline and remove the check-mark.
- Your print should come online and if not contact your online technical support services to resolve the
You can also try some other methods to troubleshoot your issue :
- Click on the Start
- Select Control Panel.
- In the search box type “troubleshooter” with quotes.
- Click on the troubleshooting link.
- Click on the Use a Printer.
- Follow the instructions. It will attempt to identify and fix the issues. If doesn’t, it will give you guidance on addressing the issues.