Removal of installed printers from the computer is easy, you can remove the printer from your computer from the windows control panel. But if you want to remove more then one printer from every computer system in your small business network then this process obviously can go tediously. You can create a batch file as you can specify which printers you want to remove. Then run the created batch file on every computer system in the network to remove the printers from every computer in your organization.
- Click on the Start menu and open Notepad
- Enter rundll32 printui.dll,PrintUIEntry /dn /n “printer_name replace printer name with the name of the printer you want to remove. You can also add the additional lines below with the same command given in the second step if you want to remove other printers in the same batch file.
- Save the batch file and use extension .bat to save the file.
- Now click on the Save as type drop-down box and select the option All files. Click on Save button to save your batch file.
- Now go to the place wherever you have saved your batch file, right-click on the batch file and click on Run as Administrator option to delete the printer your have specified.
Get the printers names by clicking on Devices And Printers in control panel menu. This window will show you the list of currently installed printers.