why does my printer say offline printer as default on windows, mac, or Linux version and turn printer online easily.
- Click on the Windows symbol and then Configuration.
- Next, click on “Devices”, “printers and scans”, “add a printer or scanner”.
- After “adding a printer or a scanner”, click on «The printer I wish is not on the list«.
- Next, a box is displayed with several options. Select “My printer is a bit old. Help me look for it “.
- Select the printer from the new list that Windows proposes you.
- Click on “Next”.
- Write a name for the printer.
- Select the option “Do not share this printer” and then “Next”.
- Finally print a test page.
When you are working in office/home & you need urgent prints of documents for meeting & suddenly you see – my laptop keeps saying my printer says offline. Commonly this errors can occur for seemingly no reason. You are frustrate with lots of questions in mind like: How to bring an offline printer offline?
Table of Content
What to Do when Printer Showing Offline
1. Faulty Driver Issue:
- Reason behind the Why My Printer Says Offline? might be the printer drivers.
- The driver that you have installed in printer may not be the right one & thus, can not work properly according to your expectations.
2. Poor USB Connection:
- If you are using wired printer then first you need to check whether your printer is connected properly with the USB cable
- Check whether the USB cable is faulty or not and then start the process of printer offline fix with just a call to us.
3. Internet Problem:
- Printer itself has a simple menu where you can access the available WI-FI network.
- Connect your printer to the correct network.
- Check internet connection & ensure that the Wi-Fi network is working properly.
How to change Printer Offline Status
Printer showing offline is a common problem that you may face frequently. There are several different reasons for printer going offline, how to get printer online etc. Problem can be fixed easily at same time whereas the other times the fixing process a bit frustrating & might need professional help. Few of why does my printer say offline issues is mentioned below:
1) Restart the System
- By far the easiest way how to get printer online is to restart the system.
- A reboot can fix many issues with a printer that may cause it to suddenly show up as offline.
- Hold power button on your printer till it shut off, or remove power cable from printer.
- Plug-in back and press “Power button”.
- At this point you need to wait for some time to allow printer to fully reboot
- Try to print your document again. If, it works then your printer offline issue is fixed.
2) Check Connection Issues:
- A printer may also go offline if it has become disconnected from your computer.
- Printer is connected via a USB cable to your computer.
- Fix the offline problem by unplugging it and plugging it again into a different USB port.
3) Fix Paper Jam Issue
- Paper jam inside the printer can be one of the reasons of raising question how to get printer online.
- Remove jam papers safely and place it properly
- Go offline if the ink & toner is empty.
- Replace toner cartridges that are empty to resolve the offline printer issue.
4) Set Default Printer
- Reset your printer & check for connection and paper jam issues doesn’t fix your offline printer,
- Set the default printer again to resolve the issue.
- Go to ‘Devices and Printers’ choices and check mark the box that says ‘Use printer offline’.
- Install the latest Printer driver.
Why My Printer Keeps Going Offline
Not sure where to start? Let us guide you with some easy methods for How to change Printer Offline Status?
Printer is offline has become a very common issue in most day to day scenarios. This means printer is connect printer with WiFi and disconnected with the system and needs fixing. Your printer should come back online once the cause for it being offline is found & fixed. This is possible in case of issues like paper jam, printer going out of paper & minor hardware issues that are preventing the printer from being available online. However, sometimes resolving these errors is not enough & you will have to go manually to make the printer offline to online windows 10.
How Do I Change My from Offline to Online
Sometimes you can’t print a file document hence your printer is showing offline status. This frustrating issue can be resolved in an easy way on your printer. All that you need to do is to switch your printer offline to online. To ensure that any another printing problem doesn’t exist & cross-check for the paper jams proper installation of ink cartridges, paper tray and low ink.
You’re lucky if you’re using Windows, as Windows has inbuilt printing settings that permits you to use your printer when it’s offline & these settings allow its user to save the document that you want to print when your printer is disconnected to your computer. So, when you change your offline printer back to online status then your sends those documents to the printer and allow you to print the documents.
Printers incompatible print cartridge error fix is a very common issue in any printer. These issues can range from connectivity issues to a powered-down printer. So, you can change your printer offline to online sends print jobs directly to your printer without waiting & make sure that your printer is connected to the computer before you change your Windows setting from offline to online.
Why my printer says offline
Want to fix printer offline issue? If yes, then there are solutions available. The solutions are easy to follow. There are several reasons also for the offline issue. The offline issue occurs in most of the printers. Hence it is a common issue. It can be due to poor wireless network, jammed paper, outdated firmware, error in communication about printing tasks, etc. Sometimes the printer keeps going offline constantly. Due to compatibility issues with the device connected, low level of the ink cartridge, power problem, etc.
Why does it say my printer is offline
Below are the reasons provided for constant offline issues in hp printer-
- Jammed paper in the printer.
- The problem is in the connection and cables connected with the printer.
- Firmware is not updated.
- Drivers are not updated.
- The printer has not been selected as the default printer.
How do you change a printer from offline to online
- To check the level of ink cartridges and paper jam issues.
- Need to ensure that the paper tray is loaded with the right type of paper for printing.
- The level of the ink cartridge has to be checked for clear and crisp printing of text.
- To check the cables and connections connected with the printer.
- To check that cable and connections connected are not outdated and faulty.
- To ensure this, the following steps are required to be followed-
- To check the wireless network connection in the printer and computer is established properly.
- To use the hp print and scan doctor tools to fix the constant offline issue of the printer. For it, the tools have to be downloaded and used.
- To set the printer to online mode manually by below givens steps-
- Firstly, press the start button on the printer.
- Then to click on the control panel.
- Then under it select the option of devices and printers.
- Select what is printing option.
- Then choose the printer name.
- At last, choose to use the printer online option from the menu section.
How to turn printer offline to online
- To deactivate the offline automatic commands from the printer.
- The options can be paused by using the printer in offline mode.
- Check if the document or a page gets printed by connecting a printer to a wireless network.
- To update the firmware of the printer regularly. As firmware of the printer enables us to fix the previous issues occurring in the printer.
- To check the wifi router, USB cable, and other wired connections of the printer.
- To check if the wifi router settings are done properly, it is working properly and is not connected to several devices.
- The USB cable should be checked if it is connected properly to the printer and is working.
- To update the printer driver for the efficient and smooth working of the printer.
- Printer drivers and software are an essential component of a printer and need to be downloaded and installed in a printer. A printer driver should be of the updated and latest version.
So, these are some reliable and easy solutions to apply to fix the constant offline issue in a hp printer. These solutions must be followed and applied properly to fix the offline issue in a quick and short time. So, that printer is ready to use and to perform printing and scanning functionalities.
Frequently Asked Question
Q: How do I stop my printer from going offline?
Ans: If this is the situation you are dealing with, you need to follow the instruction given below to How to Fix Printer Offline to Online.
Open the Start menu at the bottom-left of your display screen and click on the “Devices and Printers”. Open window with a list of the printers currently set up on your computer. Click “Manage Printers. Right-click the printer that is showing as offline, then click “See what’s printing”. Click “Printer” on the pinnacle of this window and select “Use Printer Off-line” to remove the check mark.
Q:How do i stop my printer from going offline?
Ans: If this solved your hassle, you then are ready & might retain together with your printing. However, if this did no longer clear up the problem, then there are some greater troubleshooting steps you can strive. If you are nevertheless unable to print after following all of those commands, then you can want to uninstall & then reinstall your printer. You can get rid of a printer from your computer by right-clicking the printer & then clicking Remove tool. Once the printer has been uninstalled, observe your printer’s installation guide to properly reinstall it.